Sunday, July 26, 2009

cocktail review no. 6 - Whiskey Sling

Let's cut right to the chase:
  • 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
  • 2 teaspoons water
  • 1 ounce lemon juice
  • 2 ounces blended whiskey
  • 1 lemon twist
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the sugar, water, lemon juice and whiskey. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass and garnish with the lemon twist. I should point out, before I commence opining, that I used Wild Turkey bourbon whiskey to make this instead of regular ol' blended whiskey like the recipe called for. Still, I liked it. It's sour, and not so sweet, but that's more like how I prefer my drinks, particularly ones that are whiskey-based. I actually find it to be an improvement over the whiskey sour, which is actually more sweet than sour (the way I make 'em). This drink goes down smooth, with nary a pucker.

No comments: