Saturday, August 3, 2013

in which the Vaunter forgets something essential

Okay, so: apparently I'm a dumbass.

Remember that Canon EOS Rebel T3i I told you that I purchased? Specifically for the purpose of taking gorgeous photos of Japan during my nine-day stint there and putting 'em up on this here blog?

Well, I forgot to install the camera drivers on my laptop before Miss H took the installation CD and useless paperwork back to Korea in my extraneous suitcase. So, yeah. Here I am in Tokyo with an excellent camera and a wagon load of jaw-dropping full-color images on the data card, and no way of uploading them onto my Toshiba.

Sorry guys. I guess you'll have to wait until August 9 for me to update you about how Japan went. And give you those aforementioned pics.

I will say this: Japan is awesome. Like Korea, but bigger, wider, cleaner, neater, tidier, politer, more relaxed, less uptight, more confident in its own skin. It's expensive, yes, but I'm being smart about it, as you'll soon see. I'm on a shoestring here. I've done Tokyo for four days and I shall depart tomorrow for Kyoto, where I'll spend 48 hours. Then I'll head down to Kumamoto for another two days, and then it's to Fukuoka and the high-speed ferry. Don't worry, I'll give you the skinny when I'm back in Seoul and have the drivers installed and the photos on my hard drive.

Wish me luck. Sorry I'm such a dweeb.

No comments: