Friday, June 25, 2010

the Postman resurfaceth

I'm back. I got into Las Vegas about 2:00 in the afternoon (it was 107 degrees Fahrenheit; thank goodness my folks brought the air-conditioned Chrysler to pick me up). I've been back about 24 hours now and already I'm jonesing for a cheese-and-Branson-pickle sandwich. No, I don't expect you to know what that means. Yes, I will explain it to you fully later. Right now I've got a million other things to attend to. I've got to finish writing all of my magazine articles and submitting them, for one thing (go to TheExpeditioner.com and check 'em out). I've got to get everything out of my room before Monday, too, so the contractor can tear up the carpet and replace it. That's going to be hell, I can already tell. There are some dead branches piled up out on the basketball court that need to be cut up, and at some point I'm going to have to resume my exercise regimen and mail off all the gifts I bought for people over in the British Isles.

And oh yeah, I'm going to have to get caught up with all you slobs' blogs, too. Anyway, give me a couple days. Then I shall begin to relate to you the marvelous, amazing, life-changing, mind-bending, delicious, adventurous, jubilant, feverish time I had across the pond. Stay tuned.


7 comments:

Jerry said...

Welcome back back to the colonies. You've been missed -- and you can make up for it by writing a bunch for us.

BTW -- the Expeditioner link doesn't work.

A.T. Post said...

Why thank you very much, good sir. It's good to be back. I'll see what I can do as far as an account is concerned. I appreciate the warm welcome.

And thanks for the heads-up about the link. I believe I've fixed it.

Murr Brewster said...

I hope my present's a beer.

Emily Cross said...

Welcome back Postman, hope you had wonderful time - you must have brought the good weather over to us from las vegas :)

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Thank God you're back! You've been missed!

~That Rebel!

A.T. Post said...

Murr: I'll see what I can do.
Emily: It was a BLAST. And I was pleasantly surprised by the weather...it was gorgeous everywhere we went, particularly Dublin. Nothing like seeing the golden sun beaming off the spire...
Olivia: Well thanks! Glad to be back. Good to see you again. Or type with you, anyway.

Claire Dawn said...

Glad that you enjoyed and that you made it back safely. Contests on at mine this week. You're just in time! :)