Friday, November 22, 2013

Noshember (No-Shave November)

I'm participating, in case you didn't know. I'm going to try and grow myself a full beard. Never done that before. I got pretty close last spring, when I was looking at the cherry blossoms in Jamsil:


Then I shaved most of that horrid thing off and cultivated a sort of Gordon Freeman-esque Van Dyke for the intervening summer and autumn:


When November rolled around, I put my razor to bed. In the past few weeks, I've sprouted a bit. You saw how scruffy I looked when I went to Namiseom:


But get this: I'm not going to shave when we reach December. I'm going to keep going through January and possibly February. I'm going to grow this baby out. It took me two months to achieve that Van Dyke; now I'm going to see what four months can do to my entire face.

Hopefully this:


Say whatever you like about Robert Redford, he can grow himself a beardly beard.

Jeremiah Johnson-style. Yeah. Now we're cooking with gas. That's what I'm aiming for. By the time I tromp back to Korea from Hokkaido, Australia, and New Zealand (latest addition to the itinerary), I wanna be sporting a full beard.

Wish me luck...

5 comments:

Liza said...

Luck!

Jane Jones said...

Oh Robert Redford (girlish sigh).

A.T. Post said...

Ha ha, did you know he's going to be in the new Captain America movie?? I about flipped my wig when I saw him in the trailer. He...ah...looks a bit different than he did in the picture I used, though.

Jane Jones said...

No way! I'll definitely have to check that out. No matter how he changes, in my mind he is always the Sundance Kid.

A.T. Post said...

ME TOO!! Which is exactly why it'll be so weird to see him opposite Captain America! And the fact that I've never seen a film with Redford in it that was made after 1973...