Tuesday, January 28, 2014

30 Days to a Better Man, Day 28: write a love letter

...for what man would be complete without the love of his life standing behind him and telling him not to do all the stupid stuff he'd otherwise do?

I really like the way The Art of Manliness says it should be done, too. The formula hits all the high notes. Not that I didn't know how to write love letters already, mind you. I had tons of practice in my youth. And I am a rather literary-minded fellow, and can wax poetic at the drop of a hat. But I'm not against taking suggestions. I followed the basic outline AoM suggested, penned a two-page letter, put it in an envelope marked My precious angel, laid it on Miss H's pillow, and when she came home...

...well, let's just say I'm her favorite guy at the moment. And that, my friends, is worth kingdoms.

I'm just ashamed that I haven't written her a love letter (or even a note) in over a month. Maybe I should make this a monthly or even weekly habit. She deserves it. She's worth it.

Postie out. 

No comments: