Wednesday, January 27, 2010

cocktail review no. 29 - Whiskey Milk Punch

Originally, I'd planned to do a hot drink next. It's still technically the dead of winter, after all. But I saw this in The Bartender's Bible and couldn't resist trying it. And once I'd tasted it, I couldn't resist posting it here...just in case there were a few people in the audience who might like it.
  • 2 ounces blended whiskey
  • 1 ounce dark crème de cacao
  • 2 ounces milk
  • ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the whiskey, crème de cacao, and milk. Shake well, then strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with the nutmeg. Simply put, this drink tastes like chocolate milk (with whiskey and nutmeg). If you like chocolate milk (and whiskey and nutmeg) you'll probably like it. I know I did. I mean, come on. If it's one thing I've learned, it's that life's pleasures are best enjoyed when combined. Sex and fishing doesn't really work that well, I hear, but chocolate milk and whiskey? That's ideal. Go together swimmingly, they do. And guess what? I'll bet this would make a really good hot drink. Just pour everything into a coffee mug, pop it into the microwave, then sprinkle the nutmeg on top. There, I did a hot drink after all...

5 comments:

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

I think I'd like anything with creme de anything in it.

Anonymous said...

I think I'd like anything with whiskey in it.

Anonymous said...

it is good

JennyMac said...

I fear whiskey as all amber colored liquors seem to be enemies but this does sound good.

And love your disclaimer at the end. Yes in fact I DID make a hot drink. lol.

A.T. Post said...

Polly: Do you like mint? Ever had anything with creme de menthe in it?
propinquity: Motion seconded.
Charles: It was, thank you.
JennyMac: You, Polly and Entrepreneur Chick should have a cocktail party sometime. I've heard all three of you respectively claim that whiskey (and other amber colored fluids...tequila anyone?) is your enemy.

As long as you make a single, this shouldn't be too bad for you. It's just two ounces, after all...

Thanks very much for stopping in, and for the feedback.