Tuesday, January 5, 2010

it's pronounced "twenty-ten"

...so get it right already. Nobody ever says "one-thousand eight-hundred sixty-five" (1865) or "nineteen hundred and seventy-one" (1971). Not seriously, they don't. They say "eighteen sixty-five" and "nineteen seventy-one." So we're going to say "twenty-ten," not "two-thousand and ten." Otherwise we'll be stuck saying "two-thousand and whatever" for the next 90 years. And who wants that?

Anyway, on a related note, Happy 2010 to you all. I just got back from a four-day trip into the unexplored tracts of southeastern Arizona to visit my great aunt and uncle. Some crazy stuff happened on that trip. In the past few days I have...

  • climbed a mountain
  • dressed up like a cowboy and shot a bunch of Old West guns
  • driven a Hummer
  • explored Apache country
  • lived in a trailer
  • fondled a few of my favorite airplanes
  • walked down the mean streets of Tombstone
  • eaten root beer fudge
  • traveled 1,800 miles
All of this I shall most likely blog about. For the moment, however, I'm rather exhausted, distracted by my neighbor's dumb dogs barking...and still mustering my thoughts. So I'll get to it later. I need my vegetation fix. That having been said, good night to you all, hope you had a splendid New Year's, and here's to 2010 bringing you what you want. Buenos noches...


2 comments:

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I like two-oh-one-oh, myself. just kidding.

I hope I get to see you in the cowboy outfit.

A.T. Post said...

How ironic. There was a fellow dressed up like Buffalo Bill in Big Nose Kate's Saloon in Tombstone who kept saying "two-oh-one-oh." Small world...

Pictures are coming, pictures are coming. One if by land, two if by sea.