Monday, September 28, 2009

random travel destinations - Argentina

Take a close look at this photograph. Would you have said, before you read the title of this post, that it was taken somewhere in South America? No? Well, I wouldn't have either. This is Lago Desiento (which I believe means "Desert Lake" in Spanish), in Argentinian Patagonia. Here I reveal my slight prejudice in the selection of these travel destinations. I have always wanted to travel to Patagonia...a huge, trackless swathe of wilderness and stark civilization in the New World, thought for centuries to be the ends of the Earth (and in some cases, it's literally the truth). There are so many biomes and so much biodiversity in this region that it boggles the imagination, not to mention the culture and (as you can tell from this picture) the sheer geography that's indelibly present. It's well worth your time to research...or just drool over imagery.

No comments: