Tuesday, September 1, 2009

should vs. shouldn't

While we're on the subject of what I should or shouldn't be doing in writing this blog, I must confess at this point that I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. Honestly. I don't know how to be a blogger, or even if there's any right way to do it. I definitely think that I should avoid exclusively writing down how I feel about things, like so many other bubble-headed know-nothings out there in the blogsphere. I also feel like I have to be able to put down what I want to put down; otherwise it won't be personal, nor fun to keep. But I still am unsure whether I am actually, successfully carrying off a blog. I've gotten a few comments thus far, but nowhere near the numerical amount requisite to successfully audit or assess the success or efficaciousness of my work. Simply put, I have no idea whether I'm (a) being totally brilliant at putting a wide variety of interesting information and thought-provoking musings on here; or (b) merely spouting platitudes, dry anecdotes, and uninteresting drivel. I suspect the truth lies somewhere between the two. So, to that end, I seek your aid and succor. I crave your assistance. Give me some feedback. Anything. Tell me if the design stinks. Tell me if this blog is suitably informative or just so much bleating. Let me know if it's inane or provocative, dull or engaging, insipid or variegated, hackneyed or refreshing. Anything that occurs to you to put down, put down, and you'll have my heartfelt thanks. The real confirmation lies in the fact that I'm writing a post like this and I have, to date, only two followers on Blogger. Insert weak laugh here.

No comments: